Global Goals can 'propel us towards a better future for all on a healthy planet
Here are some useful starting points on UN work in the field of Human Rights
Guides to resources
- United Nations and Human Rights. A great starting point for understanding the key UN human rights and organisations is the guide produced by the UN Library
- Global Lex
- Peace Palace Library includes a bibliography of useful books
A key body is the OHCHR
- Its website has news and key publications.
- It has a site with translations of the Universal Declaration of human rights
UN OHCHR - Treaty Body DatabaseIncludes documents submitted to any of the UN human rights treaty monitoring bodies. Filter by convention, country, type of document, document symbol, and/or date.
- Status of Ratification Interactive Dashboard View the current status of ratification of international human rights treaties through a comprehensive data visualization and mapping portal.
- Universal Human Rights Index country-specific human rights recommendations and information emanating from international human rights mechanisms in the UN system: the Treaty Bodies, the Special Procedures and the Universal Periodic Review (UPR)
UN OHCHR - Universal Periodic Review DatabaseIncludes documents submitted to the UPR as well as related material; Search by session or by country.United Nations Documents